Katherine Nilsen is an investigative documentarian, content creator,
survivalist, and designer specializing in behavioral science, permaculture, environmental design, guerrilla marketing, and global citizenship.
Originally from Whidbey Island, Katherine has lived across the world, working with various humanitarian organizations in Thailand, Peru, Nepal, India, and Kenya.
Her creative roots are in fine art, stop-motion animation & video editing.
This is just that; media designed for impact.
Pomegranates once fully ripened, are known for exploding upon impact to disperse their seeds upon the Earth-- hence the French derived name grenade.
Producer, Production Designer & Editor | ShadowMan
Producer & Editor | Between the Bars
• Official selection | Wake Up Screaming, Edition 14
Assistant Editor | The End of Weed (Dir. Kristy Guevara-Flanagan)
• Official selection | Los Angeles Documentary Film Festival, San Francisco Documentary Film Festival, Santa Cruz Film Festival, Sheridan WYO Film Festival, Hot Springs Documentary Festival and Mendocino Film Festival.
Wardrobe Stylist | Love Again (Dir. Carla Dauden)
Art Director & Wardrobe Stylist | Hinge
Editorial Assistant | What Happened to Her (Dir. Kristy Guevara-Flanagan)
• Official selection | Hot Docs Documentary Film Festival, New York Film Festival, International Film Festival Rotterdam, Traverse City Film Festival, Dallas International Film Festival, Australia's Monster Fest, Riga International Short Film Festival, Valladolid International Film Festival, and Iowa City International Documentary Film Festival.
Producer, Co-Director & Sound Editor | The Cheater
Director, Cinematographer & Editor | While We’re Asleep
• Official selection | Los Angeles Film Festival, Seattle International Film Festival, Macon Film Festival, Tower Youth Film Festival, and Citizen Jane Film Festival.
Director, Animator & Editor | Becoming Cephalopod
• Official selection | Chicago Youth Film Festival, Chicago International Film Festival, New York Youth Film Festival, New Mexico Film Festival, Seoul International Youth Film Festival, Austin Film Festival, and San Francisco International Women’s Film Festival.
| Best High School Production | New Mexico Film Festival.
| Best Experimental Film | Chicago Youth Film Festival.
• Director, Animator & Editor | Sweet Citizen
| Grand Prize Award | Guiding Lights Network video contest.
• Director & Editor | Petricia’s Passion
| Grand Prize Award | Sno-Isle Libraries video contest.
13654 Victory Blvd #688
Van Nuys, CA 91401